06 August 2008

Prime

So lets have a little discussion about Amazon Prime. You know, that little thing they push with every order: FREE SHIPPING (with the membership fee.)

I won't say I haven't gotten my money's worth out of it since I signed up last month. I actually found the jogging stroller I was wanting for $50 less than the other sites PLUS the free shipping. Paid for itself just in that. Great, right?

Except I signed up for the stoooooopid thing a month ago when I PRE-ORDERED the newest, and possibly the most explosive, new Sherrilyn Kenyon book. I'll admit it right here, I'm a Kenyon Minion. I totally believe there have been a few ghost writers in some of the off-branches of the Dark-hunter series- the linguistical changes were too definite to be the same person... but I believe Sherrilyn was behind the effort so it was ok with me. NOW Acheron's book is out, on the 5th, and I DON'T HAVE IT?!?

This is like... pre-ordering the 7th book of Harry Potter and having to avoid all of your friends because you didn't get it and they just went out to WalMart (where there were plenty of copies despite the last time YOU tried to do that and they were sold out within an hour for one of the stupid holiday mini-novels).

I went through Amazon because, lets face it, it takes an act of Congress to get me out of the house easily. For me to make it to the bookstore when they open, two toddlers in hand, diaper bag, snacks, sippie cups, etc, etc... I'd have to start getting us ready at 4 am! And I'd be really stressed by the time I got through the lines (especially if they sold out before my turn... again.)

So I bit the big bullet and preordered online. I even signed up for Amazon Prime because you get free 2nd day shipping- which I figured would be better than waiting for the regular book-rate shipping.

*sigh* But alas, here I sit, closing in on 48 hours after Acheron's, the dark-hunter leader, book released and do I have my 700 something page tome in front of me full of (according to non-spoiler reviews) gory and graphic details of Ash's life BEFORE he died and became a dark-hunter? Do I know for sure that Tory is his Heroine? (ok, I do because I gleaned it from the hints Sherrilyn has been leaving... and because my mouse scrolled too far down into one review that was laced with spoilers) But can I read it? Heck no!

This is worse than quitting smoking people. I'm having serious Kenyon withdrawal. I took the kids out for an extra long walk this morning, even though it's supposed to be my morning off from working out, just to stop thinking about it. But you know what sucked? I couldn't quit looking around the corners to see if the UPS man had delivered yet.

This sucks.

Mood: Pizzed.
Music: Ten thousand fists in the air.

No comments: