So I finally got the book yesterday morning. Seriously. And over 740 pages later I can say with absolute assurity...
Poor Ash. Over the first half of the book is a recounting of his life B.A. (Before Artemis). It was brutal. Gruesome. Very hard to read. I couldn't put the book down last night, even as horror upon horror turned my stomach sour.
In some interviews Kenyon admitted to being abused as a child and writing this book must have been theraputic, but also torture to put details like that into words on paper. There are things in my past I have tried to write because, in the end I KNOW it would help me "move forward with purpose" (Kenyon, Dream Chaser) but I just can't. Still lying to myself that it couldn't possibly have happened so I can't put it out there for the world to see, even if the world is only me.
The love story of Acheron's book is more of an afterthought. A purging of his own demons that allows him to discover the people that have loved him for some time.
4 out of 5 stars on the Steffie Read-it System. Not for those faint of heart and certainly NOT an entrance book to the series.
Mood: Exhausted
Song: Broken by Seether and Amy Lee AND Pain by Three Days Grace
08 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment