So at Mass today the gospel was about Jesus feeding the 5000 with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish and Father talked about us all doing our part to feed the hungry (for food, for God, feed them whatever they are hungry for).
It made me think of Lisa and Katy and how just (relatively) recently they've both gotten food for someone hungry on the street. I remember reading about Lisa going to Burger King and she and Kendall had a garden to feed the poor. Katy's sweet little girl sent her on a long trip around town finding something for a man on a corner with a sign.
It really made me reflect on what wonderful people I've somehow surrounded myself with, by pure accident. Even if they are far away now- at least I can still read their blogs (and so can you- see the side bar).
You girls rock!
PS: Lisa- I'll be a new mother until I feel like I've finally gotten the hang of this whole thing... maybe when Gracie is 30.
03 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You are just too sweet.
Thanks for the props Steph! :) And those pictures of the kids are ADORABLE. :)
Post a Comment