Yesterday I met with the nutritionist, or was he a dietician (does it really matter?), to make sure I'm eating what I'm supposed to.
"But I thought you were a WW gal?" I heard you all thinking. I am, but WW has such broad goals and I felt like the amount of 'points' I am assigned is just way to high.
He did all that technical stuff like calculating my base metabolic rate, the calories I need to maintain- soooo not my goal, and then we chopped about 200 calories from that to be my goal so that I can continue my losing ways. FYI my nutritionist approved goal is 1400-1500 calories/day.
We did NOT take into account my 2 hour workouts that I've been indulging in (can we say thank you Meyer center for the 2 hour daycare limit?). That is just icing on the cake and this way even if I can't get to the gym as often as I have been I should still be losing.
So far, since first meeting with the MC trainer on 7/15/08 I've lost 11 pounds. I've also totally improved my cardio conditioning. I had gotten so far out of shape that I was feeling winded after walking for thirty minutes. Now I easily do 40-60 minutes on the ellipical every day and I'm about to start taking out the munchkins in our new jogging stroller every night until there's too much snow.
Ultimately I would like to start riding horses again. I used to be a competitive 3 day eventer. I guess at some point I assumed that I was past the age of really competing- and then I realized, while searching the NBC website for some Equestrian coverage, that Karen O'Connor, who is at the Olympics right now, is in her 50's. So I guess I have a while left yet, riiiight?
So those are my body goals- lose weight, eat healthy, retrain for competition.
Mentally, educationally. Oy. I keep trying to force myself into being interested in nursing or PA'ing (is that a word?). But I'm not. I'm not really interested in business or human resources or accounting. Not IT or cosmotology.
Sure, I could do them and it would be fine. But they wouldn't make me happy. I'm happiest when I'm writing, but that's not always as easy as it sounds.
The other day I signed up for a Continuing Ed class through the local community college for Portrait Photography. It sounded like fun and it will be something I can get away from the house, sans kids, for one night a week.
I'm going to finish up my studying for the GRE and take the test. I guess we'll see what my scores are and then I'll decide what graduate program I'll enroll in to finish up my ed-u-ma-cation. I think technical writing would be a good compromise for me, still writing but more structure, but they require pretty high scores (higher than the law school or the PA school). I might not be smart enough. We'll just have to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment