I know this warm front is making everyone feel like spring cleaning... but ummm... what ever happened to 'Out with the old, in with the new' and referring to just our stuff?
At this moment in time I have no less than 4 friends facing their marriages going down the Slip'N'Slide for the last time. 1 is a definite done and 3 are edging toward that darn piece of vinyl like my brother has them caught between a pool and one of those pump up water guns.
2 out of 4 H's are also MD's... Something must be in the air... Mariage-itis gentleman?
1 is at the cusp of finishing a long(er) residency and making big bucks and he's starting to get that Oh-So-Wonderful complex... You ladies know the one- the one that says, "I am man hear me roar... and let me trade up to a 20 something lithe blonde too"
1 is more established, with older kids. This one worries me more because I think my H respects and really responds to this man. I'm not saying it's entirely his fault... it takes two to tango... but the fact that H kept it to himself and didn't want to reveal any deets (I had to ask him specific questions to get answers) worries me. Well, that and the fact that I stopped asking after he blithely said, "She has psych issues." I'm sure every woman facing divorce has psych(o) issues according to her H.
Another friend is at that same transition period with her H... but of the military sort. It's hard, I know. My dad was in the Army and did the whole, "I've gotta get out now" thing... for him it lasted only long enough to get his Bachelors and get into the Coast Guard. But it was a big change and believe me the fights my parents had still ring in my ears.
My last friend's marriage has been rocky for a while and all I can do is send her love and support via emails and blog-responds. Big hugs K... You're one of the strongest woman I know.
Now that I think of it I know more people than that and you all have my support- no matter the decision, I'm here for you.
Alot of people don't spank because their parents spanked them and it was awful, mind boggling, etc etc... My parents arguing was awful. Being shuffled into a car and looking at houses in a new town and finally feeling closure that the fighting would stop... and then didn't was awful. (Just don't do it that way, ok?)
It makes me appreciate what H and I do have going for us sometimes... there's not a lot of arguing in our house. Maybe because I'm lost in a book most of the time and he's passive aggressive most of the time... it doesn't get much done- but it's not loud and messy.
Hello boot, I'm the walkway.
06 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment