Based only on last night's debates I'll say this:
If the democratic ticket were reversed Biden on top and Obama as the backup- I'd be more undecided. He had that air about him last night. I haven't totally researched him and his own policies so I don't know that for sure- but he was good.
Palin did better than expected. Even I, yes the wish-I-were-still-in-Alaska me, was starting to think that maybe she'd bitten off too big of a piece o' pie. But last night she did better than expected (not saying much there though, huh?) She got a few digs in. I liked her bringing up where Biden differed from Obama and pointing it out (since I didn't know much about him).
I have a few questions still about some things that were said.... Biden mentioned something about a vote (both he and Obama made) on Lebanon and for the life of me I want to think that was during the Clinton years... but that would mean that Obama couldn't have voted since he's only been in office for 8 years.
Lying pisses me off. If you don't know- say you don't know, don't lie. And certainly don't say the other person is lying because it sounds good:
PALIN: "Barack Obama even supported increasing taxes as late as last year for those families making only $42,000 a year."
BIDEN: "The charge is absolutely not true. Barack Obama did not vote to raise taxes. The vote she's referring to, John McCain voted the exact same way."
THE FACTS: The vote was on a nonbinding budget resolution that assumed that President Bush's tax cuts would expire, as scheduled, in 2011. If that actually happened, it could mean higher taxes for people making as little as about $42,000. But Obama is proposing tax increases only on the wealthy, and would cut taxes for most others. In the March 14 budget resolution supported by Obama and Biden, McCain actually did not vote.
PS- And after checking my facts you'll notice I took down the ad at the top- it was misleading according to the dem campaign and most of factcheck.org is giving it to them... although politicians should know better than to give those soundbites.
Woman: Wind and solar are flourishing here in Ohio, why are you supporting clean coal?
Biden: We’re not supporting clean coal. Guess what? China’s building two every week, two dirty coal plants, and it’s polluting the United States. It’s causing people to die.
Biden has supported clean coal in the past and the campaign claims both men will support it in the future. I'll give 'em this one... but careful what you say... all four of you... the country is listening.




3 comments:
Dude, he kicked her ass. She got a total ass whoopin'. :P
I didn't see an ass kickin' on either side.
I did. *grin*
Post a Comment